Nb. 417 ‘Nordana Sky’ meets the elements
On Saturday the 21th of February, 11.00 hrs, our Nb. 417 was launched in Leer.
M.V. ‘Nordana Sky’, build as yard number 417, is the first in a series of six that will be delivered to Symphony Shipping. As her name already reveals, the ship will be chartered out to the Danish company Nordana and sail in her fleet after delivery.
Nordana Sky is the first vessel of our new ‘ecobox’ design which is characterized by its flexibility of loading combined with very economical and ecological performance.
The design features:
Main dimensions (Loa X B X T) 122.5 X 17.0 X 7.8 mtr;
– 10500 DWT, 429.000 cft holdvolume;
– Iceclass 1A with 3000 kW main engine;
– A large single hold of completely box shaped form;
– Large loading floor area for project cargoes, including complete movable tweendeck;
– 2 X 85 tons cargo cranes;
– Deckhouse placed on foreship for better protection of deck cargo and enabling to load oversized items over the stern;
– Open top notation; sailing in all weather conditions without maindeck hatches to transport large project cargoes without height restrictions;
– The Ferus Smit ECO bulbless Canoe type bow, designed to reduce fuel costs and better sustained speed with excellent sea keeping behavior in harsh weather and sea state conditions;
– Propeller equipped with a duct for enhanced thrust at lower speeds and reduction of maximum installed propulsion power.
Delivery of M.V. Nordana Sky is planned end of March 2015.
Have a look at the movies below to see the Nordana Sky getting launched (more movies located here):
Header and second picture in photo series Copyright Simon Marrink.