Nb. 422 ‘Symphony Space’ successfully launched
On Friday the 2nd of February, 11.00 hrs, our Nb. 422 was launched in Leer.
Nb. 422 named as ‘Symphony Space’ is the last vessel in a series of 6 that will be delivered to Symphony Shipping.
Symphony Space is a vessel of our ‘Ecobox’ design, which is characterized by its flexibility of loading combined with very economical and ecological performance.
The design features:
– Main dimensions (Loa X B X T) 122.5 X 17.0 X 7.8 mtr.
– 10500 DWT, 429.000 cft hold volume.
– Iceclass 1A with 3000 kW main engine.
– A large single hold of completely box shaped form.
– Large loading floor area for project cargoes, including complete movable tweendeck.
– 2 X 85 tons cargo cranes.
– Deckhouse placed on foreship for better protection of deck cargo and enabling to load oversized items over the stern.
– Open top notation; sailing in all weather conditions without maindeck hatches to transport large project cargoes without height restrictions.
– The Ferus Smit ECO bulbless Canoe type bow, designed to reduce fuel costs and better sustained speed with excellent sea keeping behavior in harsh weather and sea state conditions.
– Propeller equipped with a duct for enhanced thrust at lower speeds and reduction of maximum installed propulsion power.
Picture Copyright Schiffe-Emden.de