New order for 6 versatile ECOBOX ships
Recently Ferus Smit was granted the order to build 6 vessels of her brand-new ECOBOX design. The ships will be built for Symphony Shipping, a new founded company with its roots in Singapore.
The design of ECOBOX is characterized by its flexibility of loading combined with very economical and ecological performance. The design comprises:
– A very large single hold of completely box shaped form.
– Large loading floor area for project cargoes, including complete movable tweendeck.
– 2 Cargo cranes.
– Deckhouse placed on foreship for better protection of deck cargo and enabling to load oversized items over the stern.
– Open top notation; sailing in all weather conditions with maindeck hatches opened.
– Bulbless canoe type bow design for optimum speed at various drafts and better sustained speed in adverse weather conditions.
– Propeller equipped with a duct to reduce the maximum installed propulsion power.
The new vessels will be delivered from our Leer yard starting from spring 2015.